One of the advantages of Spark Pay is there are no contracts. This means you can begin looking for a new provider right away and change at any time.
Since you and your team know your business, you are in the best position to decide which provider is the right fit. There are also resources online (e.g., Google "merchant services reviews") that can provide additional guidance on the many providers available.
As you explore options, you may want to consider Capital One Merchant Services powered by Vantiv, or Square.
See below for some characteristics that might indicate which of the two providers could be a better fit.
Characteristics of a Business that Might Prefer Capital One Merchant Services:
- More complex payments needs (e.g., industry specific point-of-sale integration, payment terminals, PIN debit card or EBT acceptance)
- Prefers a la carte pricing for individual features (like chargebacks) or complete transparency of underlying costs that are driving pricing (i.e., Interchange Plus pricing) and is comfortable with minimum monthly processing thresholds
- Prefers 24 hour call center support or believes they qualify for an account manager
To learn more about Capital One Merchant Services powered by Vantiv please call 1-866-343-8447
Characteristics of a Business that Might Prefer Square:
- Simpler payments needs but a desire for a hub to manage their business (e.g., inventory, invoices, employee accounts, gift cards)
- Prefers simple and fixed pricing that already includes coverage for chargebacks and no monthly fees
- Does not want to sign a contract
- Business w/ many mobile sub users that each need to accept payments
- Desire for simple, visual sales and business reporting that's available on computer or on the go
To learn more about Square, please click here.